- Log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal. You will see a new link called SwiftReach SwiftK12 on the left navigation pane under Alerting. You will be able to see all contact information the district has listed for you by clicking on the Contact Information button in the top navigation bar.
- Within the Alert preferences section of the Parent Portal, you will be able to choose your communication preferences based on message category, such as School Closures or Attendance, as well as message type (email, voice and/or text message) by placing a checkmark into the aligned contact fields. You may opt-out of any message category except for Emergency Messages.
- Setting up your parent preferences is your responsibility. You will receive messages to every contact field shown in Alert Preferences until updated in the Parent Portal. Tolls and charges associated with receipt of messages from the school are your responsibility and not the responsibility of the school. Please be sure to set your unique preferences if there are any numbers or addresses to which you do not like to be contacted. All phone numbers and email addresses must be in a valid format to save properly.
- Emergency messages are always sent with all three message types and to every contact field shown even if you have opted out. We cannot change this. Emergency messages will be labeled as such so you will know it is an actual emergency.
- If you do not have access to log into the Parent Portal, you may contact the school directly to request changes.
VOLUNTEER MANUAL AND CLEARANCES
You will need to complete all of the items below and turn them into the school office. DO NOT give originals, but submit copies and all together. Do not submit piece by piece. There are fees for some of the items below. The items that need to be completed are:
- PA State Police background check (Must be within 12 months of submission.)
- PDE 6004 ARREST/CONVICTION REPORT AND CERTIFICATION FORM
- FBI Fingerprinting OR signed form of PA residency for 10 consecutive years.
- Tuberculous test (Completed with the doctor of your choice and must be accomplished within the last three months of submitting to the school)
- Child Abuse background check (Must be within 12 months of submission)
- Child Abuse training course (Mandated reporter training)
- Two paged volunteer form filled out and signed (at the very end of the volunteer manual)
- Convenience - Available 24/7 on the web or through our mobile app for your smartphone
- Efficiency - Make payments for all your children, even if they attend different schools within the district. This eliminates the need for your children to take money to school.
- Control - Set low balance alerts, view account activity, recurring/automatic payments & more!
- Flexibility - Make payments using credit/debit cards and electronic checks.
- Security – MySchoolBucks adheres to the highest security standards, including PCI and CISP.
- Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account.
- Add your children using their school names and student IDs (student ID number is the same number as a student’s lunch number).
- Make a payment to your child’s account with your credit/debit card or electronic check. A program fee may apply. You will have the opportunity to review any fees and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.
- Visit MySchoolBucks.com and click on Help/FAQ’s