- 8:55 a.m. to 3:55 p.m.
- Tardy is 9:18 a.m.
- Learners are taken to their bus by classroom teachers.
- If your child will be taking a different bus home, you must fill out a bus form. Ask for one at the office.
- If your child will be a rider, you must send a note to school indicating the dates and who is permitted to pick him up from school. At 3:55 p.m., we will open the doors for parents to come in to the library and wait for your child. The name needs to be checked off by the person in the library before you can leave.
- We will NOT accept changes in a learner's regular dismissal schedule by phone. You must send a note.
- A learner must have a written excuse for each time they are absent or it will be considered unlawful.
- Parents will receive a letter from the district when their child has been absent 6, 8, 10 and 12 days from school.
Learners are permitted one (1) vacation per year. The learner must be in good academic standing and have good attendance.
We have a nurse available to us each day for emergencies and for dispensing medication. If your child will be receiving medication during school hours, we must ask you to fill out a medication form from the office. If a child is ill at school, you will receive a call from the nurse. Please contact Mrs. Lorraine Sapilo at (724)235-2723 for additional information regarding nursing services at Laurel Valley Elementary.
Learners are able to purchase breakfast and lunch in our cafeteria each day. Breakfast is $1.40 and lunch is $ 2.50 a day. Milk may be bought separately for .65. Additional snacks and water are also available for purchase. The cafeteria requests you send a check at the beginning of the week. It will be credited to your child’s account electronically. You can check the balance in the account through the Power School link and then click on the $ sign. Monthly menus can be found on the district Food Service website.